Letter to Terry on Bob Swindler's Passing

Terry, I just learned of Bob's passing. I am so sorry to hear this sad news and I hope that time has helped to heal your loss. As you know, Bob was more than a friend and a coworker to me. Bob was like my 2nd father. When I started working at DMH I was a sheltered boy who knew nothing of the real world. Bob took me under his wing and gave me an education in what the real world was like in all its glory while pointing out its imperfections. He was a funny guy with all his jokes and great to be around, but he could be firm too when I made mistakes and needed guidance. I learned many things from Bob, but one thing that will always stand out was his love for you and his family. I felt a bit like I was part of his family those 3 years that I shared an office with him because of the way he treated me and looked out for me.  My deepest sympathies and I hope that my words bring some comfort.  

Love, JoseB 

Comments